Frank DeBeer B. Sc., D.C., C. Ped (C)
Canadian Certified Pedorthist
YOUR FEET ARE THE FOUNDATION OF YOUR BODY. WHEN A PROBLEM DEVELOPS IN YOUR FEET, IT WILL RESULT IN A SERIES OF COMPENSATIONS WHICH WILL PLACE INCREASED STRESS UPON PAIN PRODUCING STRUCTURES RESULTING IN PAIN. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING PAIN IN THE BACK, HIPS, KNEES, ANKLES OR FEET THAT IS NOT IMPROVING, IT IS TIME TO CONSIDER FOOT ORTHOTICS.
What is an Orthotic and What does it do?
- An orthotic is a medical device that fits into your shoes to support, align, prevent or correct foot abnormalities, or to improve foot function.
- Orthotics can be used by people of all ages - children, adults, seniors, athletes.
- Orthotics only work when you wear them. As soon as you stop wearing them your feet go back to the position they were in. It is important to wear your orthotics in the house as well as outdoors as much as possible.
- Orthotics work with your footwear. The amount of correction in an orthotic is partly determined by the footwear it will be used in. A running shoe will take an orthotic with much more correction in it than will a dress shoe for example.
Our Office Provides
1) Custom Orthotics
- All custom orthotics are made from a plaster cast and manufactured at a Canadian lab.
- Our custom orthotics can be made to fit all types of footwear.
- All custom orthotics require an MD's diagnosis and referral
2) Over the counter Superfeet orthotics